#TvFriday: New Movies for August 2014
Everyone knows i’m a TvAddict and if you have any doubts, just check my #TvFriday section, where i try to make a review of the movies and series I saw during the week. However, today is August 1st, and what better way to start this month than listing the upcoming movies.
NOTE: This list doesn’t include every release, just the best or the “less worst” ones.
- The Guardians of the Galaxy: Do I really have to explain what is this movie about? In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. Hero? Anti-Hero? It doesn’t matter, we have to see it.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Who didn’t saw the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when was a kid? I was one of those who had a crush for Donatello and saw the show every afternoon when I got home from school. Even if there are several critiques about the characters renders, and the fact that the star is Megan Fox (worst impossible);there is a lot of expectation since, this movie has a lot of fans who have been waiting decades for a live action.
- The hundred-foot journey: The Kadam family clashes with Madame Mallory (Hellen Mirren), proprietress of a celebrated French restaurant, after they open their own nearby eatery, until undeniable chemistry causes the Madame to take gifted young chef Hassan under her wing. Even if this movie is categorized as Drama, I hope to see some comedy, since plot should allow some. Is not a movie to see at the cinema, but could be a good choice for a Sunday at home.
- Into the Storm : Storm trackers, thrill-seekers, and everyday townspeople document an unprecedented onslaught of tornadoes touching down in the town of Silverton. Even if it doesn’t have huge superstars, sometimes is good to give a chance to new talents. Seems that there was a leak of this movie and so far, it has a good rating; but I rather to see it and then make a review.
- What if : Medical school dropout Wallace has been repeatedly burned by bad relationships. He meets Chantry, an animator who lives with her longtime boyfriend Ben, and they form an instant connection, striking up a close friendship. Still, there is no denying the chemistry between them, leading the pair to wonder, what if the love of your life is actually your best friend? The new movie promises to be a nice comedy to see in a couch with your love.
- The expendable 3 : It doesn’t matter what anyone says about this movie, we will see it anyway because Chuck will be there.Barney and his team, known as “The Expendables”, come into conflict with ruthless arms dealer Conrad Stonebanks, the Expendables’ co-founder, who is determined to destroy the team. If there is something sure about this movie, will be tons of blood, guns and laugh with the actors who add some action to our childhood.
- The trip to Italy : Two men, six meals in six different places on a road trip around Italy. Liguria, Tuscany, Rome, Amalfi and ending in Capri. It might be one of those movies where you will laugh a lot and will hate the characters for having better adventures than you.
- Sin City: A dame to kill for: The movie some of us have been waiting for, with the town’s most hard-boiled citizens cross paths with some of its more reviled inhabitants. Me? I just love Eva Green and would see anything that has her.
- If I stay: Chloë Grace Moretz new movie tells how a life changes in an instant for young Mia Hall after a car accident puts her in a coma. During an out-of-body experience, she must decide whether to wake up and live a life far different than she had imagined. I really like how this girl acts, so I will try to see all new movies she brings to the spotlight.
- Jessabelle: Returning to her childhood home in Louisiana to recuperate from a horrific car accident, Jessabelle comes face to face with a long-tormented spirit that has been seeking her return — and has no intention of letting her escape. Incredible, there are not too many horror movies for this month, so even if this one is bad, at least a plus for being the only one.
- The November Man: Sounds like a new James Bond movie with this cast, uh? Olga Kurylenko, Eliza Taylor and Pierce Brosnan. An ex-CIA operative is brought back in on a very personal mission and finds himself pitted against his former pupil in a deadly game involving high level CIA officials and the Russian president-elect
Help tatica and donate with paypal!