We’re proud to announce the first release candidate in the new feature release of darktable, 2.0~rc1.
As always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksum is:
Packages for individual platforms and distros will follow shortly, and the preliminary changelog can be found below.
When updating from the currently stable 1.6.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.6.x any more. be careful if you need darktable for production work!
Happy 2.0~rc1 everyone :)
- darktable has been ported to gtk-3.0
- new thumbnail cache replaces mipmap cache (much improved speed, less crashiness)
- added print mode
- reworked screen color management (softproof, gamut check etc.)
- text watermarks
- color reconstruction module
- raw black/white point module
- delete/trash feature
- addition to shadows&highlights
- more proper Kelvin temperature, fine-tuning preset interpolation in WB iop
- noiseprofiles are in external JSON file now
- monochrome raw demosaicing (not sure whether it will stay for release, like Deflicker, but hopefully it will stay)
- aspect ratios for crop&rotate can be added to conf (ae36f03)
- navigating lighttable with arrow keys and space/enter
- pdf export — some changes might happen there still
- brush size/hardness/opacity have key accels
- the facebook login procedure is a little different now
- export can upscale
- we no longer drop history entries above the selected one when leaving dr or switching images
- text/font/color in watermarks
- image information now supports gps altitude
- allow adding tone- and basecurve nodes with ctrl-click
- we renamed mipmaps to thumbnails in the preferences
- new “mode” parameter in the export panel
- high quality export now downsamples before watermark and frame to guarantee consistent results
- lua scripts can now add UI elements to the lighttable view (buttons, sliders etc…)
- a new repository for external lua scripts was started
Help tatica and donate with paypal!